Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas 2007

Hannah opening her first Christmas present! Santa filled Madeline's wishes and brought her a baby doll. Now she has requested that we get a "blue sucker to suck out the baby's nose" (you can guess what we've been doing a lot of at our house lately!) Chrissy bought Chris 3 packages of freeze dried astronaut ice cream.


We had a wonderful Christmas, in spite of rampant illness in the family. The plan was that Chrissy, my dad and my dad's friend Nancy would come to our home the night before Christmas Eve. We made arrangements for Santa to come one day early so we could open presents on Christmas Eve morning. Well, Dad ended up with a stomach virus and had to stay home. Chrissy got the same virus the same night at our house and both were sick all night. At the same time in Arkansas, 1 1/2 hours away, Chris' sister Becca, his sister Manda's fiance Cody and our nephew all came down with the same virus! Never the less, Santa came to our home and we had a nice morning. We had a small Christmas Eve meal, delivered cookies to several of our neighbors and took the girls for a late night drive to look at Christmas lights. On Christmas morning, we drove to my mother in law's home and everyone was relatively healthy by that point. We opened gifts with them and had a wonderful meal. I discovered that I've got an addiction to Rock Band - I can't put the guitar down once I get started!! Here are some pics of our events. I'm so sad to say that we didn't catch pics of our time at our mother in law's house. We were so busy participating in the fun that we didn't think to pick up the camera...

2 comments:

~Chris~ said...

Looks like the girls had a great Christmas! Love your new blog skin!

Al's World said...

I laughed and laughed at the blue sucker comment! Sorry there was so much yucky sickness! I heard a lot of people were sick over Christmas. Tell Chris we can mourn the bowl games together. :)