Sunday, April 20, 2008

Madeline's "Nap" Times

Since Madeline has gotten older, she doesn't always like to take naps like she used to. But we still have "rest time". She is expected to stay in bed for at least an hour to rest, and I've been very fortunate that she and Hannah take their afternoon siesta at the same time so I can relax, work or attempt to put the house back together before they are up for Round 2. Some days, Madeline stays up the entire hour and plays in her room alone. Some days, she stays up for about 45 mins, comes out asking if her time is over yet, gets sent back to her room for 15 mins and conks out cold for a 2 hour nap. Some days, she falls asleep within the first 10 mins in bed. On all days, I get a short little break.

Madeline's latest nap time ritual is to have us chuck her pillows at her as hard as we can just before we leave the room. She loves it when they knock her over and she just laughs and laughs. Then she creates a "cozy home" for herself and her favorite animals or babies of the day.

I am almost always greeted with a surprise at the end of nap time. I've decided to post pics of the few surprises that I've been able to photograph :) Madeline makes me laugh daily, she's such a great kid. 2 of the pics are of her nestled in with her pillows on separate occasions. And the other is a pic of the "artwork" she created during the other day. She came out stark naked, besides the stickers you see...






4 comments:

G Family said...

so cute...i'm lucky that both of ours still nap well...but eventually elli will be at this stage...i will have to remember to document her "nap-time happenings"!

Jana said...

Those pictures are so funny. So this is what I have to look forward to huh?? Laf! She is just such a precious little girl.

Jana

Hayli S said...

We had a great time seeing you all and the girls today!!
I love these pictures... and the fingerpainting ones. They're both so cute and so happy!

Laura said...

Okay the stickers on the legs are hilarious! Cracking me up!!!