January 3rd was the 7th anniversary of my mom's entrance to Heaven!
Some day I'm going to create a post about my mom. She was (and is) an amazing woman with a loving heart and a deep down joy that was evident to everyone around her. I miss her so much and I passionately look forward to seeing her again in our eternal home.
I've found creative ways to teach Madeline about her Mimi and I look forward to carrying this on with Hannah when she's old enough to understand. Though Madeline has never seen her Mimi, she "knows" her and loves her and looks forward to meeting her one day.
On January 3rd, I was talking with Madeline about the day that Mimi went to Heaven, and her first response was "We should make a cake!!!". What a lovely idea from a lovely girl! Madeline knows the pink breast cancer awareness ribbon as "mimi's ribbon" so of course we had to decorate with it. Below are some picks of our cake. While Madeline and I iced the cake, Hannah enjoyed rubbing peanut butter and bananas all over her face. I'm going to post a video too...it's obviously staged but Madeline is cute in it.
Mimi's Cake from jen giles on Vimeo.

2 comments:
What a good way to continue to bring your mom into the picture, and to teach your girls a good lesson....
what a good idea....kids have some of the best....
jan. 6th was the 2nd year since jim went on to Heaven.....didn't realize the dates of him and your mom were so close together....we both knew 2 wonderful people!
what a blessing.....
Post a Comment