My sweet friend Kala and her hubby Wes welcomed their first little angel, Emleyn, and I had the honor of going to meet her in October. My friend Chris and I flew to Philadelphia for a few days. We had lots of great snuggle time with Emleyn and we were able to do a bunch of shopping. The trip was such a blessing.
In October, we visited the pumpkin patches a few times. These pictures were taken during a beautiful, fun few hours at Carmichael's Pumpkin Patch in Bixby. We loved the company of our dear friends, Kathy, Gunner and Rylee!
Madeline smiling with the pumpkins
We had TONS of Halloween fun in October. Hannah was a Kangaroo and she had a little Joey in her pouch. Madeline had to dress up as a character from a book for her school celebration. So her costume needs some explanation. When she was 3 and 4, we used to read her a book called Tikki Tikki Tembo. It was a favorite of mine from childhood and she loved it too. If you've never read it, you should! Anyway, we looked and looked for a book character costume. And since she didn't want to be a fairy tale princess, we had a difficult task ahead of us. We were shopping at marshalls and found this gorgeous Kimono and immediately we remembered the book. So...Madeline was Tikki Tikki Tembo's mom for Halloween. She had such a great time with her costume...too bad most people didn't know who she was. We had one friend look at her and say "awww what a cute Geisha" :) Aw well, it was fun anyway! Here are some of my favorite pics. Then I'll post some collages.
In October, we also went on our first annual camping trip. We went with 7-8 other families to a camping resort called MarVal in Oklahoma. Chris and Preston, Madeline Vadin and Tolbyn shared a tent. Ed and Gunner camped in a tent off of their Element. Megan, Kathy, Rylee, Hannah and I shared a cabin and the rest of the families slept in various cabins around the campgrounds. We got to take the kids on a magical pumpkin ride where they received pumpkin seeds, rode on a hayride to a field and planted the seeds. Then (several hours) later we went back out to the field and their pumpkins had magically grown! We took the kids trick or treating that night through the camp ground. I was astounded at the number of campers who completely decorated their trailers and cabins for the weekend! We had a big bon fire dinner and smores. The kids had a blast and I loved watching them run free and play. There are so many great pictures from the weekend that I can't post them all here individually. I hope the collages tell a good story!




1 comments:
I was looking at the picture of the 3 girls making surprised faces and I also was thinking wow, Hannah's doing it too - even before I read your comment.
And the van down the river comment totally made me laugh!
Post a Comment