Saturday, April 24, 2010

SPRING

Isaiah 58:11 The Lord will guide you continually, giving you water when you are dry and restoring your strength. You will be like a well-watered garden, like an ever-flowing spring.

Oh how I love having a new home!!

This is our first spring on El Paso and we've had a planting frenzy.

Our tree in the front yard is as full and green as can be...Chris planted grass in the back yard - our first attempt to fill in some very bare spots...

and we started our first veggie and fruit garden!

We planted strawberries, sweet corn, cucumbers, squash, carrots and two varieties of tomatoes.

We have all been excited to go out daily to water the plants and see how they've grown. Chris and I have never had much of a green thumb so the plants we see growing are truly miraculous to us. If the plants actually yield some edible produce, we'll be thrilled!

We ordered a flat of vinca for our front garden and should be able to plant it this coming weekend. Our hostas in the backyard are large and beautiful. We probably ought to split them next year!

I hope you're enjoying the season!! I love how the fresh air and warm sunshine work to brighten my spirits. Much love to you and Happy Spring!!!

0 comments: