Hannah Elyse Giles was born June 15th at 1:31 pm. She is 8 lbs 2 oz and 20 inches long. We had a bit of a rough time but she's much more stable now.
We came to the hospital Friday morning because I was having abdominal pain Thursday night that wouldn't subside. I had an infection in my amniotic fluid and a placental abruption. The Dr decided to induce labor and broke my water. Hannah's heartbeat was irregular and my fever spiked so within 10 mins of breaking my water, they decided to do a C Section. The delivery went very quickly but Hannah had the same infection that I had. Hannah was placed in the special care unit and required oxygen, antibiotics and an IV to keep her glucose level up. I didn't get to see her until Saturday morning at 9:00 because I wasn't able to visit her until my fever broke. She couldn't be held until this morning either. But we have good news now. We've been able to hold her several times today, she's been able to come to our room to visit, she's been weaned off of the oxygen and I was able to breastfeed her for the first time this evening. I think we'll be in the hospital until Tuesday.
We are so grateful that in spite of the complications, we are both stabilized and doing well now. God has been amazing in providing us peace through everything we've faced the last 2 days. Thank you for praying with us!!
6 years ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment