In High School, Mi Vida Loca (by Pam Tillis) was a fave of my best friends and I. Now I feel like I'm living the crazy life! Our lives have been a whirlwind and I'm terribly behind on blogging. Watch out everyone, when I start to catch up there will probably be multiple posts at once!
For the most recent news...we've been fast and furiously fixing up our house since Chris got home from Russia. We've stripped wallpaper, textured walls, painted more than I'd like to admit, replaced doors, decluttered and boxed up lots of "stuff". Last Wednesday our cutie home of 10 years was officially listed for sale! We are excited, frazzled, uncertain, waiting, attempting to be patient. We will be staying in the Tulsa area but we're hoping to move closer to our friends, church and work. Currently, we live about 20-30 mins from everywhere we frequent.
Selling our home has conjured some unexpected emotions. We've lived in the confines of 1,144 sq feet, sharing one bathroom, for 10 years and we always thought that we'd be nothing short of overjoyed with the thought of moving on to more space. But goodness, so many of our family memories are wrapped up in this place. Chris purchased our home 1 month before he married me. Initially, I felt like we were "playing house" ... cooking together, decorating together, making memories together. But now, we've welcomed both of our sweet girls home in this house, we've painted it colors that suit us, we've tumbled all over the living room together, we've entertained friends and family here. The thought of leaving is definitely bittersweet.
We'll see what happens...we've got an open house tomorrow from 1-3 and one next Sunday from 1-3. We absolutely love our real estate team (www.lauragrunewald.com) We hope that we'll be able to secure contracts and close on a new place by mid July so we can be settled in with a permanent address before Madeline starts Kindergarten!
I'll attempt to keep you updated on new events as I catch you up on the growing the girls have been doing.
6 years ago

2 comments:
Very sweet post. We use the Grunewald Team too!!! :) They sold it in under 30 days! So excited for your new adventure - now lets hope I can hold on to my next house for 10 years!!!
Congratulations you guys! I hope everything works out for you and that your home sells quickly. I couldn't imagine moving after having both of the kids grow up in the house we are in. Just look at it as a new chapter and adventure in your blessed lives that you have this opportunity to move on.
Post a Comment