My dad is now on the 1st floor of St Francis in the cardiac nursing floor. He no longer has one on one nursing care so we've been trying to stay with him as much as possible. The hallucinations seem to have stopped but he's still disoriented. He asks over and over how he got here and what happened to him, and he asks often if Chrissy and I have the same illness he has. I think his days and nights are mixed up. I stayed with him last night and he was awake most of the night, trying to talk and trying to get out of bed (which he's not allowed to do yet). He has asked about certain people though - today he asked if Dave thought he was a goner and if he was worried about him and he asked if Aunt Jo is giving me fits yet :) No offense Aunt Jo!! He said it with a grin on his face, knowing that you'd be calling and advising me. Love you! :)
Dr Parmley came in today and explained my Dad's surgery. He said that he fixed one part of my dad's aorta, but the entire aorta is "diseased and dissected". My dad also has an anneurism in his abdomen that needs to be fixed but they'll have to do that later. Dr Parmley thinks that as long as my dad is consistent in taking his blood pressure meds, he should be fine. I have requested an appt with the social worker to talk about options for obtaining his meds ... my Dad had run out of his meds a few weeks ago and didn't have the money to buy more so that's how he ended up in this predicament.
I'm about to head home and spend some time with my family. Dad is sleepy so he should be able to rest a while and then the nurses are going to get him up and moving around.
I'm continuing to pray for the clarity of his mind and that he'll start sleeping at night again. Will keep you posted...
6 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment