Wednesday, July 8, 2009

7/8/09 Update on my Dad

Hey everyone
I've been at work today but will take off at 4 to visit with my dad. Chris was able to sit with him this morning for a few hours. I just called the nurse and received this update:

My dad is increasingly confused/hallucinating. He was talking to my sister and I while we weren't in the room today, he insists that he's in outer space and needs to get back to earth, he pulled out one of his chest tubes today.

Dr Parmley decided to take out his other chest tubes since dad pulled out the one. They also removed the catheter.

They have a transfer order for my dad to be moved to a dept called One Specialty. I thought it was rehab but it's actually a place specifically for cardiac ICU patients where they are monitored on more portable devices and able to be more mobile. He is still unable to walk without assistance but he'll increase his strength once he's down in that dept.

I'll keep you updated as I learn more information. Thank you so much for checking in and praying. I have been encouraged that we have so much support and that my dad has survived two major events that could have been fatal for him.

5 comments:

Becki Francy said...

Still praying...let us know what you need! Does your family need meals?

Becky Abbate said...

I wish we were closer so we could help. We are sending all of our love your direction. Stay strong.

~Chris~ said...

Moving out of the ICU and being able to get around more will definitely make him feel better! Love you!

Fether said...

continuing to pray for you and your dad!

Al's World said...

Just love you and am praying!!!