After a long, ridiculous ordeal last night (my Dad and I sat at the hospital from 330 to 7 waiting for discharge papers to be processed) my Dad ended up staying at the hospital one more night and he was discharged TODAY!!!! What a LONG 20 days this has been (long for me, WAY longer for him). He will be staying with us for 3-4 weeks while he recovers. A home health nurse is coming to check on him and provide wound care for the infections three times per week. He's got a couple of follow up Dr appts here in town and in 3-4 weeks he will likely be released to his good old independant way of life. WOW! I'm trying to figure out a day soon, possibly tomorrow, when I can take him out to his place for the day just to feel normal again and spend a few hours with the dogs. On Sunday we'll be loading our UHaul and on Monday we're closing and moving!
Madeline is my newest little concern. Last week she was diagnosed with strep. But she kept getting worse on antibiotics so I took her to the Dr yesterday. Her Dr pricked her finger for some blood and took a urine sample, then called us back to the office to have blood drawn from her arm. She found in the first round of tests that there is billirubin in Madeline's blood and urine, which means something is going on with her liver. This doesn't automatically mean that it's something major, we just have to wait and see. We'll hopefully hear results of the blood test tomorrow. Not sure that life can get more hectic than it's been in the last few weeks!
Having my Dad home with us will be nice. I know he'd rather be at his house, but I've gotten used to seeing him at least once a day and I'm not quite ready to let him go yet. I just hope he can be comfortable with us for a while and then return to full health at his place, where he longs to be!
Thank you for praying us through this everyone. Your encouragement and care is of great worth to me!!
6 years ago

5 comments:
I'm so glad your dad is finally out of the hospital! I'm really excited for your move and cannot wait to see it! I hope sweet Madeline gets better soon so she can enjoy her new backyard! Love you!!
Girl..your plate is full right now!
We'll be lifting you, your dad and precious Madeline up!
Wow....that is crazy. I will keep everyone in my prayers....Love you all....
oh, jen...we're thinking about you all and praying for you every day...we wish we could be there to help with everything...thanks for keeping us updated...give everyone a hug from all of us! we love you!
jennifer
We are praying for the Giles family. Love you all, The Gravers.
Post a Comment