Friday, July 17, 2009

Update on my dad 7/17/09

I went to visit my Dad again today and his mind is MUCH MUCH clearer than before. He remembers vividly his hallucinations and he's able to laugh at most of them and realize that they weren't true. He wonders what Uncle Ralph thinks about the fact that my dad thought Paul Pierce was assigned to be his sitter a couple of nights this week :) He still has a few areas of confusion but nothing major anymore.

The doctor wants to continue to treat my dad's infections over the weekend and will re-evaluate for release on Monday. My Dad has a 6 week driving restriction (we've got 2 weeks down, 4 to go) so I think he'll be staying with us until he's able to drive himself, which is just fine with me! I've gotten used to seeing him every day for the past 2 weeks and am not looking too forward to the lapses between visits that we used to have. In fact, I'm going to be working on him to move closer to us, but we'll cross that bridge later.

Jen

3 comments:

Becky Abbate said...

I'm so glad to hear that your Dad is recovering nicely. You are always in our thoughts during these stressful times and during the happy carefree ones too. We love you guys!

Laura said...

I am so glad that your dad is doing better. I have been keeping up with your updates, and have been praying for all of you.

Please call me if I can help....or if I can come get the girls for a play date! I mean it!

Brklacich Family said...

I am so glad he is doing better. I have been praying for you. Let us know if you need help moving.