Tuesday, July 14, 2009

7/14/09 Update on my dad

Aunt Jacque, thank you for calling tonight and helping me realize that I hadn't updated the blog in a while. We definitely still need prayer.

My dad was Medically ready to be discharged probably yesterday or today. But he's started having mental health concerns again. I don't want to go into detail because I want to protect his privacy, but please be in prayer for him the next few days. His mind is playing horrible tricks on him...he is hallucinating and having very paranoid thoughts. We have a suspicion of what may be happening and we've been increasingly concerned. One scary but miraculous event occurred this morning. I received a call at 6 am from his nurse stating that they "lost" my dad. He took his cell phone with him so they called it and he actually answered and told them what he could see. He was OUTSIDE of the hospital, walking around alone. He was SO exhausted that he was compliant to return to his room. It could have turned out horribly BUT the positive side is that his little stroll won him the psych eval I've been requesting.

Please pray for peace of mind for him - he's been having insomnia and right now he's unable to be reoriented to the truth of his situation.

Please pray that I can be bold in advocating for him. I'm always so concerned about being pushy or offending anyone, but I've been expressing my concerns off and on through the last 12 days and I've got to get them to listen to the seriousness of the situation.

Please also pray for the psychiatrist to have clarity and find a way to treat him so that his mind can rest easy and he can be stable to get out of the hospital.

My Dad belongs to my God and he is LOVED by my God. I am peaceful leaving my dad's mind and health in the Lord's hands - He created my dad and knows how he functions. Thank you for praying with us through this. It sure has been a wild ride!

We came across a glitch in our closing process (which is supposed to happen on July 27th - YES only 13 days away!) I'm refusing to freak out about it...we'll move if we're supposed to. But I'll keep you posted if we get stuck - Oh Becki Francy, I may be calling you again soon for some legal advice!!!

5 comments:

Becki Francy said...

Jen - you are always free to call me anytime....you know I will drop anything for you. I will pray for your dad....I am so sorry for all the hiccups...but you are so right, God has a plan - I know you know that...you are so good to have faith in HIS process

Becki Francy said...

Jen - you are always free to call me anytime....you know I will drop anything for you. I will pray for your dad....I am so sorry for all the hiccups...but you are so right, God has a plan - I know you know that...you are so good to have faith in HIS process

Jesse said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Natalie said...

Still praying for all of you and hope that things start to flow SMOOTHLY for you! God is Good... all the time! :)

Hayli S said...

Your faith is such an inspiration. Love you and praying for you!