Update on my Dad:
My dad lived with us from my last post until August 7th, I think it was about 2 weeks. He's gotten much stronger. He says that his infection is healing up nicely. He was anxious to be in his own home and with his dogs. He still has some lifting restrictions but he can drive. My dad will need to come back to Tulsa around the beginning of Sept for a CT scan to measure his abdominal anneurism and Dr Parmley will determine whether surgery is needed on that. If so, they'll want to schedule the surgery really soon. My dad is facing some really difficult financial situations so if you're continuing to pray, please focus your prayers on that concern.
We moved into our new home without a single problem! We enjoyed taking walks around our new neighborhood while my dad was with us. Madeline has a new best friend, Aly. Aly is 6 years old, in 1st grade at Madeline's school, and she lives right across the street from us. The girls argue like sisters but really love to be together. And every time the doorbell rings, Hannah shouts "Aly's here!!!" and runs to the door. We were served dinner by some other neighbors across the street and the neighbors on either side of us are wonderful and kind as well. We are so grateful for this new home and safe neighborhood to raise our girls!! Unfortunately we've been so busy doing daily life that we haven't taken pics of the new house but we'll do that soon :)
Madeline completed her treatment for Erlichiosis. She had blood drawn last week to make sure that her liver function has returned to normal and we're still waiting on the results. Madeline also started KINDERGARTEN last Wednesday! I think I want a whole post devoted to her first days in big school so I'll save that post for later.
I have SO many pictures to post now, it's hard to decide where to start! Here are some pics of the girls in front of our new fireplace. I'll create some slideshows for the events we've attended later.





4 comments:
Thanks for the update. Love you guys so much and so glad that the transisiton went so smoothly! I am also so glad that Madeline is feeling better, I will pray for your dad's financial situations, I know how that is! Talk with you later!
I'm so glad that life is returning to a somewhat "normal" state for you guys. We think about you all the time. I hope that Madeline is loving school. They grow up so fast!
love the update, can't wait to see pics of the house...fireplace looks nice though!
so glad to hear that life is on a better plane. it is neat to see how God works thru all thngs.
Post a Comment